By: Lori Pace
I am in the Christmas mood! I am ready to shop until I drop, bake until I can't stand and celebrate until there is no more celebration left! I love this time of year with my children. My three little girls and their innocent love of all things jolly has changed this time of year from one of stress to one of joy! I always have my girls Christmas day and want to make sure that they have the best time possible. These are the years that memories are made and that tradition is learned. Tampico Juices is as much a part of our family traditions as anything. When we want something a little fruity we reach for this long time trusted brand. The Apple Punch flavor has a really great apple kick that enhances snack time and just feels perfect for the holidays.
Every year we also do a new cookie recipe that becomes a family favorite. This year we decided to take a video we saw on Facebook and try to recreate it. Camo Christmas Tree Cookies came out of that and, guys, these are SO FUN! And of course we will be pairing these guys with Tampico’s Apple Puncha fun and festive snack that will add to any holiday table!
Now that we have our Tampico Apple Punch and cool recipe, we are refreshed and ready to bake and make!
Camo Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe
Recipe Type: cookies
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 22 mins
This Camo Christmas Tree Cookie Recipe is sure to thrill anyone that tries them!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- Yellow Stars to garnish
- Food coloring
- Cream butter and sugar using a hand or stand mixer. Add egg and vanilla and blend gently.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and add slowly to butter cream mixture until incorporated. Split dough into 2 or 3 bowls.
- If doing blue and white trees, add blue food coloring to one and mix.
- If doing red and green trees, add red to one bowl and green to another bowl with dough and blend.
- Layout colors randomly on a nonstick surface and cover with parchment paper. Roll out til flat.
- Use Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out and bake at 400 degrees for 7- 10 minutes.
- The cookies should be light in color with light browning on the edges.
- Add your star and enjoy!
Aren't these a ton of fun?
I love the blue and white because I have a blue and white theme going in parts of my house, but the traditional colors work as well! You can get as creative as you want to be. Add tinsel and ornaments with sprinkles or garland with melted white chocolate chips!
Make these with your kids for the ultimate family fun day and pair them with Tampico Apple Punch for a match made in holly jolly holiday cheer!
For more artcles by Lori, visit http://www.adayinmotherhood.com/camo-christmas-cookies-recipe/