We have had some totally crazy weather this spring here in Chicago. However, my kids have less than 30 days of school left and they will be on summer break! It is hard to believe! This is the time of year that we start getting ready for summer. There are a few things that you can do to help usher the new season in.
1. Pick up some Tampico Tea! Tampico's new tea is the best thirst quencher and exactly what you need to get you refreshed while you are getting your house and your yard ready for summer!
2. Plant your garden! You want to start planting your garden now, so you are picking vegetables early in summer! (We planted grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes, jalepenos, red peppers, green peppers, banana peppers, lettuce, green beans, and zucchini this year in our raised garden bed. We also planted two strawberry plants in containers by our back door.)
3. We also started getting our yard ready. We've hung our hanging flower pots. We've put up our yard decorations. Say hello to our little friends . . .
4. Open all your windows. Right now is the best time of year. You can smell everybody grilling out and it isn't too hot. The fresh air will remind you of the nice warm days that summer is going to bring. (Also, make sure you repair your screens, so that you don't end up with a house full of bugs!)
5. Change out your wardrobe. It time to put away those winter clothes and get the tank tops and swim suits out!
6. Grill out! Nothing reminds me of summer more than grilling out! Sausage, brats, hamburger, chicken, or even asparagus!
7. Check your hoses! We found out that 2 of our hoses this year complete split and were unusable (and we blew them out with air in the fall, so we aren't quite sure what happened besides the fact that they were just old).
8. Hang a laundry line. Nothing smells more like summer than line dried clothes! We bring our in for the winter, but as soon as it is nice again, it goes back outside!
9. Start working out! You want to look great in your swimsuit and tank tops this summer!
10. Don't forget to take the time and enjoy a sunset. Nothing is better than taking a breather and just enjoy the neighborhood around you.
How are you getting ready for summer at your house?